Radon is a radioactive active element, which is known as one of the members of the noble gas family. Other members of its family are radioactive as well. The nature of this element is:
- Radon is naturally found in the gas form only.
- Radon is a tasteless gas (if your drinking water contains radon you might not be able to tell after tasting it)
- Radon is also colorless (if from some cracks in the wall, radon us spreading you might not see it because of its invisible nature)
- Radon gas does not have any odor (if your atmosphere contains radon you cannot tell because it does not have any distinguishable smell).
It is one of the dangerous gas that is polluting Milwaukee’s atmosphere. Because it is tasteless so even if it is in your water you cannot tell, and you cannot detect, if it is in your breathing zone or not. so how can you detect the level of radon in your air? There are some kits available in the market which are not expensive and give accurate results.
Many people may think that there is not any trace of radon in their air but according to a research, most of the American states are polluted with radon. Uranium is found high in the soil and when it breaks down it produces radon gas. Eradicating this gas is smart move and radon mitigation cost it not that much. Many test kits are available in the market and it’s easy to use them.
Steps to use a radon testing kit:
- Buy the kit first. You can buy it online or from your local market. There is a huge variety to select from. Choose the kit which suits your needs and necessities. There are many different manufacturers who produce the radon test kit, but you should buy the one which is produced with high-quality material.
- Find the place to put your test kit on. The ideal place for the kit will be the one which is less humid, and which is used consistently.
- Do not use air conditioners, fans or any other mechanism which disturbs the flow of air in the room.
- Leave it there for the required time (for short-term radon testing kits the required time is 7 to 9 days and for the long-term radon testing kit the time required is 60 to 90 days. Time may vary between the kits of two different manufacturers)
- Collect the passive collector of your kit after the required time and send it to the laboratory for the further test.
After radon testing, radon mitigation is done. Radon mitigation cost is cheap and not expensive. Radon mitigation cost in Milwaukee is less and many organizations are doing this job. There are many mitigation systems available in market for you to choose from. Choose the one which suits your life style cause every system is slightly different. The cost of every mitigation system is low, and you do not have to worry about your budget.
Precaution: Do not touch your kit before the required time. It will affect the accuracy of the test.